Wednesday, December 23, 2009

In Pursuit of Happiness



While the snow fell, and Christmas parties rocked last night I curled up with my girls on the couch to watch a movie. Julie and Julia was not the best movie I have ever seen; however, the moral of the story hit close to home for me.

Julie, a woman struggling with an undesired career change and a move to Queens, New York realizes with the help of her husband that the one thing she truly enjoys doing is eating. Julia Child becomes her unknowing mentor in Julie's new goal to cover Child's entire recipe book of over 500 recipes over the course of a year and to blog about them all. Perhaps this is a wild and unrealistic goal but Julie's pursuit of her passion has reminded me that in order to achieve a goal, it is important to go after it.

I am going to write every day here on this spot for a year...your encouragement in this pursuit will be appreciated.

As I wrote this a great calamity occurred here in the apartment, Jesus and the entire manger took a header off the table which my boy knocked over in his great concentration with his game. The crash broke my concentration and his but it's all cleaned up now and this post is done so it is time to get back to the business of the day: present wrapping, baking, and of course the ever present: DISH WASHING.

Until tomorrow,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment